Effective Date May 30, 2019
White Sands Realty, LLC (DBA White Sands Realty) is committed to protecting the privacy of your Personal information. The information you share with White Sands Realty allows us to provide you with the best experience with our services, including but not limited to, the purchase or sale of real estate. We have a dedicated Global Privacy Program that protects all the Personal Data (defined below) we collect and helps insure that Personal Data is handled properly worldwide.
"Personal Data" means any information which relates to a living, identifiable person. Personal Information can include names, postal addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses or social media, but it is wider than that and includes any other information relating to that person or a combination of information which, if put together, means that person can be identified.
"Non-Personal Data" is data which will be logged for internal system-related and statistical purposes, with cannot be tracked back to you.
"Process or Processing" covers all activities relating to the use of Personal Data by an organization, from its collection through to its storage and disposal and everything in-between.
"Data Subject" means the person whose Personal Data is being processed.
Principles for Processing Personal Data
- Lawfulness, transparency and fairness
- Purpose Limitation
- Data Minimisation
- Storage limitation
- Confidentiality and integrity
We believe user privacy and data protection are human rights. We take protecting your privacy seriously and we recognize we have a duty of care to the people whose data we hold. The Infromartion Commmissoner regulates complainace with GDPR.
How We Collect Personal Data
1. Personal Data You Provide to White Sands Realty
You will provide White Sands Realty Personal Data when you correspond via the Site by asking a question, emailing, commenting on a blog article or page, filling out a contact form, signing up for an account or subscribing to receive our marketing.
2. Personal Data We Collect Automatically
As you use the Site, White Sands Realty will collect Non-Personal Data including your browser type, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, the type of browser used, device type and your usage habits. White Sands Realty collects this data using cookies.
3. Personal Data Collected From Third Parties
White Sands Realty sometimes recieves Personal Data from third party websites and platforms that collect Personal Data from you and provide it to White Sands Realty. For example, Realtor.com and other real estate platforms may provide your Personal Data to White Sands Realty when you use their websites and when you request information about certain properties or Realtors.
4. Information We Collect through Google Analytics:
How We Process Personal Data
For what purposes do you use my Personal Data?
- Verifying your identity (for example when you return to the Site and have already logged in)
- Personalising the properties you see on the Site so that they are more relevant to you.
- Personalising the advertising you see on other publisher websites.
- Improving the design and style of the Site.
- Informing you about properties that you might find interesting.
- Sending you service messages about your account registration, for example if you have clicked a password reset link. This could be by email, overlay on the website or push notification.
- Dealing with, and responding to you about, a comment you have submitted for or on our message boards, blogs and other such user generated content.
- Enabling you to share our content with others using social media or email.
- Communicating (and personalising such communication) with you through our property updates, blog articles or newsletters, email, text messages and phone calls.
- Compiling customer reviews.
- Conducting market research.
- Granting you access to a subscription.
- Dealing with any query or complaint you submit.
- Sending you push notifications from our apps.
- We also log and use information about any service errors or interruptions that you have experienced in order to help us create fixes and to make technical improvements to our website.
Legal Basis For Processing Personal Data
What is your legal basis for processing my personal data?
We will only use your personal data for communicating, marketing and personalization of content if we have your specific consent to do so. This includes the use of data provided by you and our partners for profiling purposes so we can improve our services.
Where the legal basis for us processing your Personal Data is that you have provided your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. You will not suffer any detriment for withdrawing your consent. If you withdraw your consent, this will not make processing which we undertook before you withdrew your consent unlawful.
You can withdraw your consent by contacting us in several ways below.
Retention of Data
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined above unless a longer retention period is required by Florida Law.
Retention of Non-Personal Data
We will retain your Non-Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined above.
Sharing Your Information
We share your information with our Realtor Associates, Brokers, independent contractors and referral real estate agents.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and persons to perform certain business functions on our behalf, including but not limited to website development and maintenance, marketing, accounting, real estate legal services, title services, inspections, construction, decorating and lending. These third parties have access to user information needed to perform their functions, but they may not use it for any other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As our business continues to develop, your information may be sold to any successor to or purchaser of part or all of the assets of our business. Business assets typically include customer information and Personal Data.
- Aggregated Demographic Information: We may share aggregated demographic information with third parties. We do not link this aggregated information to any personal information that can identify your or any other person and, thus, do not disclose any personal information in this manner.
If you are located in the EEA, we will only transfer your personal data if:
- the country to which the personal data will be transferred has been granted a European Commission adequacy decision;
- the recipient of the personal data is located in the US and has certified to the US-EU Privacy Shield Framework; or
- we have put in place appropriate safeguards in respect of the transfer, for example we have entered into EU standard contractual clauses with the recipient, or the recipient is a party to binding corporate rules.
Links to Third Party Websites
Your Legal Rights & Choices With Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of your data and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of your data. This enables you to ask us to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your data where we are processing it to meet our public interest tasks or legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your data, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your data to another party.
Depending on the circumstances and the nature of your request it may not be possible for us to do what you have asked, for example, where there is a statutory or contractual requirement for us to process your data and it would not be possible to fulfil our legal obligations if we were to stop. However, where you have consented to the processing, you can withdraw your consent at any time. In this event, we will stop the processing as soon as we can. If you choose to withdraw consent it will not invalidate past processing.
If you want to exercise any of the rights described above or are dissatisfied with the way we have used your information, please contact us below. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR. Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues which you raise.
White Sands Realty
5701 Waxmyrtle Way
Naples, FL 34109